ST. PAUL – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team competed at the Roy Griak Invitational Saturday. The Falcons were paced by senior Michael Taylor at the event hosted by the University of Minnesota.
- Course: Les Bolstad Golf Course (8K) – St. Paul, Minn.
- Falcons Result: Eighth in Men's Maroon (Division III race) – 212 points
- Falcons Top Five: – Taylor – 29:16.2; Zach Ziemann – 30:18.2; Craig Reese – 30:50.4; Ryan Teigen – 31:08.0; Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez – 31:13.0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons ran with just seven on Saturday, with Taylor pacing the group. Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) was 24th in the 90-runner field after posting a time of 29:16.2.
- The other senior on the Falcons roster, Ziemann, recorded a time of 30:18.2. Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) was the second CUW runner to cross the finish line, coming in just ahead of freshman Craig Reese (Germantown, Wis.). Reese posted a time of 30:50.4.
- Freshman Ryan Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) was next at 31:08.0, while Emanuel Huerta-Guttierez (Walworth, Wis.) came across in 31:13.0.
- The Roy Griak Invitational is a large meet that features 10 races, ranging from high school to a Division I collegiate race. The Falcons competed in the Suzy Wilson Women's Maroon III race Saturday.
- UW-Oshkosh put all five of its scoring runners in the top 15, finishing first out of eight teams. Daniel Broash of UW-River Falls won the race with a time of 27 minutes flat.
- The Falcons are off next weekend before competing in the Benedictine Eagle Invitational in two weeks. The meet is set for Friday, October 7, with the men racing after the women, who are set to start at 4 p.m.