MEQUON, Wis. – Running at their own Ken Weidt Classic, the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team posted a fifth-place finish Saturday. The Falcons were paced by senior Michael Taylor, who finished 16th in the 116-competitor field.
- Location: Concordia University Wisconsin – Mequon, Wis.
- Falcons Finish: 5th of 11 (148 points)
- Falcons Top Five: Taylor – 27:57.8 (16th); Zach Ziemann – 28:19.5 (26th); Craig Reese – 28:47.8 (31st); Ryan Teigen – 29:09.1 (33rd); Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez – 30:12 (42nd)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) ran the only sub-28 minute time for the Falcons Saturday, clocking in at 27:57.8. He and fellow senior Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) paced the team, Ziemann coming in at 28:19.5.
- A pair of freshmen were next for CUW, with rookie Craig Reese (Germantown, Wis.) placing 31st with a time of 28:47.8. Freshman Ryan Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) was just behind, finishing the 8K course in 29:09.1.
- Sophomore Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez (Walworth, Wis.) was the Falcons final scoring runner, posting a time of 30:12.
- CUW had just seven compete on Saturday with freshman Nikolai Haak (Elizabethtown, Ind.) coming in next at 30:49.3. The final CUW runner was sophomore Matthew Wilcox (APO, AE), who finished the race in 34:21.7.
- Concordia St. Paul finished first by scoring 39 points. They placed four runners in the top ten and had all five scoring runners inside the top 20.
- Cole Oslin of Concordia St. Paul won the race with a time of 26:24.4.
RUSS DE LAP INTERVIEW
- The Falcons will take part in the Roy Griak Invitational in two weeks. The men's race is set for a 10:40 a.m. start.