ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team posted an impressive six personal-best times out of six runners who finished the race Saturday at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals. The Falcons finished 22nd at the meet.
- Concordia Wisconsin Score: 620 points (110th – Bernau, 113th – Fell, 119th – Neuwrirth, 130th – Taylor, 148th – Ziemann)
- Location: Saukie Golf Course – Rock Island, Ill.
- Team Champion: UW-Eau Claire (54 points)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons had six runners finish the race Saturday and all six posted PR times, a rare occurrence. Senior Stephen Bernau (Courtland, Minn.) was the leader of the cast of Falcons on Saturday, running a 26:31.7.
- Another senior, Adam Fell (Mundelein, Ill.) closed his career with an impressive performance as well. Fell clocked in at 26:34.7 on the 8K course.
- The final scoring runner for the Falcons on Saturday was junior Zach Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) as he posted a 27:14.2. Sophomore Brandon Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) completed the course in 28:51.4 for a PR of his own.
- The Falcons were the fourth NACC school at the meet, finishing behind Aurora, MSOE and Wisconsin Lutheran.
- It was a successful season for the Falcons, and there is no better way to finish than having six runners post a season-best time.