Mequon, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin Men's Volleyball Team competed against the No. 10 Benedictine Eagles who used an 8-0 scoring run in the second set to pull away. The Falcons ended up on the wrong end of a 3-0 (25-11, 25-9, 25-13) result.
Final Score: Benedictine 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0 (25-11, 25-9, 25-13)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Benedictine 9-4, 3-1 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 0-14, 0-4 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles recorded four service aces on their way to a 8-0 start in the second set that gave them momentum and put Concordia Wisconsin in a hole early to start off. Benedictine went on the win the second set 25-9 which was their largest point margin of the day.
- CUW played their most competitive set in the third, falling 25-13 against Benedictine. Concordia Wisconsin had its highest hitting percentage of the match and collected six kills.
- The Falcons were paced by freshman Will Driver (Mokena, Ill.) who recorded five kills with a hitting percentage of 50 percent, and freshman Isaac Glynn (Byron, Minn.) who notched eight helpers to go along with two service aces. Freshman Jeremy Theis (Port Washington, Wis.) was able to collect eight digs on the afternoon.
- The Eagles had a productive day attacking the ball with a hitting percentage of 44.6 percent and 17 service aces. Adriel Rivas was Benedictine's strongest performer with 10 kills, seven service aces and five digs while hitting 44.4 percent.
- CUW will host Marian on Wednesday with first serve scheduled for 7:00 pm.