OSHKOSH, Wis. – It was only a matter of time before Samual Spranger rewrote the school record book in the 400-meter dash. Spranger did just that Saturday, running a 49.78 in the 400 to pace the Men's Track & Field team at the UW-Oshkosh Titan Challenge. The Falcons finished fourth as a team.
- Falcons Finish: 4th of 10 (36 points)
- Location: Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- School Records: Spranger (400)
- Individual Champions: Spranger (400)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Spranger bested the field in the 400-meter dash with his winning time of 49.78. In the process, he broke Rich Hutchins record of 49.86, set during the 2005 season.
- Jake Roy had a strong day for the Falcons with a pair of top-five finishes in sprinting events. He placed second in the 60-meter dash and added a fifth-place finish in the 200-meter dash. Roy ran a 7.16 in the 60 and clocked in in 22.91 seconds in the 200.
- Tyler Martinkus added a third-place finish in the weight throw with an impressive toss of 15.90 meters.
- Craig Reese ran to a sixth-place finish in the 3,000-meter run on Saturday, completing the race in a time of 9:02.97.
- Another strong showing for CUW came from Jordan Kelly in the long jump. Kelly leaped 6.25 meters for his seventh-place finish.
- Athanasius Hasselbrook (Long Jump) – 5.96
- A. Hasselbrook (400) – 54.26
- Preus Hasselbrook (400) – 52.95
- Zach Larsen (Weight Throw) – 8.18
- Paul Leahy (400) – 53.68
- Nick Margrett (60) – 7.36
- Spranger (400) – 49.78
- Ryan Teigen (3,000) - 9:47.25
- Dawson Ziegler (Pole Vault) – 3.97
- The Falcons will compete at the NACC Championships next Sunday. The meet, held at Carthage, is set to start at 11 a.m.
February 25, 2018 Johnson's school record guides Men's Track & Field at NACC Indoor Meet
February 21, 2018 Men's Track & Field to compete at NACC Championships Sunday
February 17, 2018 Spranger breaks 400 record for Men's Track & Field Saturday
February 10, 2018 Men's Track & Field led by sprinters at UW-Platteville meet
January 26, 2018 Reese sets 1,000-meter school record for Men's Track & Field
January 13, 2018 Men's Track & Field finishes second at Private College Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 2, 2017 Men's Track & Field places fourth in season-opening meet