LISLE, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field had a strong showing at the NACC Outdoor Championships Friday and Saturday, finishing third as a team. The Falcons were led by event wins from Gavin Falotico and Damon Nick with Falotico setting the meet record in the javelin throw. Nick added his win in the 400-meter hurdles.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 10 (99.5 points)
- Individual Champions: Falotico (Javelin); Nick (400 Hurdles)
- Meet Records: Falotcio (Javelin)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) broke former CUW standout Brock Solveson's meet record in the javelin throw. He landed a personal-best throw of 59.71 meters to win the event. Anytime your name is mentioned with Solveson in the javelin throw is impressive, considering he was a national champion in the event in 2009.
- Nick (Slinger, Wis.) had a great meet, competing in four events for the Falcons. He won the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 54.04 while finishing second in the 110 hurdles (15.05). Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) finished fifth in both events.
- Nick and Hasselbrook were a part of two relay teams who had strong performances as well. The two were joined by Nick Margrett (Brookfield, Wis.) and Brandon Wooden (Milwaukee, Wis.) in the 4X100-meter relay, a third-place finishing team for the Falcons. Kory Boyd (Cerritos, Calif.) and Samual Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) joined in on a second-place finish in the 4X400-meter relay.
- Spranger also impressed in the 400-meter dash over the weekend. He had the top time in the prelims on Friday before finishing second in the final on Saturday with a time of 49.03.
- Athanasius Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) placed second in the decathlon by accumulating 4,929 points over the ten events. He won the 400-meter dash in the decathlon.
- Tyler Martinkus (Mokena, Ill.) posted a pair of top-five finishes in throwing events for the Falcons. Martinkus was fourth in the shot put (13.42 meters) and fifth in the hammer throw (42.48). Joe Krier (Port Washington, Wis.) finished fifth in the shot put.
- Grant Johnson (Oconomowoc, Wis.) tied for a fifth-place finish in the pole vault. He cleared 4.10 meters.
- Select Falcons will compete at various last chance meets over the next couple of weeks.