DE PERE, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team gained wins in six events to help the squad finish third at the St. Norbert Quadrangular Saturday.
- Falcons Finish: 3rd of 6 (132 points)
- Individual Champions: Damon Nick (110 and 400 Hurdles); Grant Johnson (Pole Vault); Samual Spranger (400); Michael Taylor (3,000 Steeplechase); Zach Ziemann (1,500)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) gained two wins and a second-place finish to pace the Falcons Saturday. He won the 110 and 400-meter hurdles with times of 15.18 and 55.93, respectively. Nick added a second-place finish in the 200-meter dash, running the race in a time of 23.87. Kory Boyd (Cerritos, Calif.) finished fourth in the 200 (24.11). Henry Jensen (Muskego, Wis.) added a fifth-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles (1:01.79).
- Also on the track, Samual Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) posted a first-place finish in the 400-meter dash. He finished the race in a time of 50.52 while Logan Hass (Manawa, Wis.) was fourth in the event (52.73). Spranger also recorded a fourth-place finish in the high jump, clearing 1.77 meters.
- Two of the Falcons event wins came in distance events from seniors Michael Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) and Zach Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.). Taylor topped the field in the 3,000-meter steeplechase, crossing the finish line in a time of 10:24.94. Ziemann added a win in the 1,500-meter run, posting a time of 4:16.4. Brandon Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) added a second-place finish in a distance event for the Falcons, running the 800 in a time of 2:01.05.
- The final win of the day for CUW came from Grant Johnson (Oconomowoc, Wis.) in the pole vault. Johnson cleared 4.15 meters while Tim Zunker (Fond du Lac, Wis.) placed fourth by clearing 4.00 meters.
- The Falcons had a pair of top-five finishers in the triple jump Saturday. Brandon Wooden (Milwaukee, Wis.) placed third in the event by landing at 12.49 meters while Logan Goss (Bolingbrook, Ill.) finished fifth (11.58).
- Bill Adams (Pole Vault – 3.55)
- Camren Crouse (Javelin – 35.51)
- Ryan Curran (Hammer Throw – 33.09)
- Nikolai Haak (1,500 – 4:44.23)
- Jensen (400 Hurdles – 1:01.79)
- Joe Krier (Discus – 31.16)
- Taylor (3K Steeple – 10:24.94)
- Wooden (100 – 11.64)
- Tafari Young (Long Jump – 5.44)
- Zunker (Pole Vault – 4.00)
- The Falcons will compete at the NACC Outdoor Championships next Friday and Saturday. The meet is set for a 9:30 a.m. start Friday at Benedictine.