KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team competed at the Tadd Metzger Invitational Friday evening. The Falcons had plenty of strong performances, highlighted by Grant Johnson's win in the pole vault.
- Falcons Finish: 4th of 5 (101 points)
- Location: Tarble Athletic Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Individual Titles: Grant Johnson (Pole Vault – 4.15 meters)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Johnson (Oconomowoc, Wis.) cleared 4.15 meters to win his event on Friday. He was one of four competitors to clear over four meters.
- Senior Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) had another strong day, finishing third in a pair of events. He was third in the 55-meter hurdles and the 200-meter dash, running times of 7.95 and 23.15, respectively. Teammate Samual Spranger (Fond du Lac, Wis.) finished fourth in the 200 while adding a second-place finish in the 400 with a time of 50.96.
- Also on the track, junior Brennan Linse (Jefferson, Wis.) ran to a second-place finish in the 5,000-meter run. He crossed the finish line in 16:16.18. Linse was also third in the mile with a time of 4:35.49.
- Junior Tyler Martinkus (Mokena, Ill.) had a strong day to pace the Falcons in the field events. Martinkus landed a throw of 13.21 meters for third-place in the shot put while adding a fourth-place finish in the weight throw. Teammate Joe Krier (Port Washington, Wis.) finished fourth in the shot put.
- Camren Crouse (Shot Put - 11.21 meters)
- Crouse (Weight Throw - 13.69)
- Ryan Curran (Shot Put - 10.54)
- Jacob Grosenick (200 - 24.14)
- Logan Hass (200 - 24.46)
- Athanasius Hasselbrook (Long Jump - 5.55)
- A. Hasselbrook (55 Hurdles - 11.46)
- Silas Hasselbrook (55 - 6.68)
- S. Hasselbrook (55 Hurdles - 7.98)
- Johnson (Pole Vault - 4.15)
- Linse (Mile - 4:35.49)
- Linse (5000 - 16:16.18)
- Nick Margrett (200 - 23.95)
- Damon Nick (55 - 6.69)
- Nick (200 - 23.15)
- Ryan Teigen (3000 - 10:05.55)
- Brandon Wooden (Long Jump - 5.55)
- Wooden (Triple Jump - 12.02)
- The Falcons are back at it next Saturday with a meet at Grinnell College.