KENOSHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Men's Track & Field team finished third at the NACC Indoor Championships Saturday. The Falcons received some great performances, including a second-place finishes by Tyler White (Triple Jump) and Jake Roy (400).
- Falcons Score: 66.5 points (3rd of 10)
- Location: Tarble Athletic & Recreation Center – Kenosha, Wis. (Carthage College)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Roy (Appleton, Wis.) won his heat in the 400-meter dash with a great finish, recording a 51.05. Kalmon Stokes of Aurora won the event, running a 50.31.
- White (Milwaukee, Wis.) had a pair of top-five finishes, placing second in the triple jump and fifth in the long jump. He recorded a mark of 13.99 meters in the triple jump, while leaping 6.75 meters in the long jump.
- Senior Stephen Bernau (Courtland, Minn.) ran an incredible race in the 5,000-meter run on Saturday, placing third. Bernau came across the finish line at 15:45.10.
- Sophomore Tyler Martinkus (Mokena, Ill.) finished with two strong performances in the shot put and weight throw, respectively. Martinkus was fifth in the shot put, landing a toss of 12.90 meters, while going 13.64 meters in the weight throw, good for a sixth-place finish.
- Senior Bathong Pham (Milwaukee, Wis.) finished fourth in the pole vault on Saturday. Pham cleared 4.10 meters.
- The Falcons were solid in the 55-meter hurdles, as Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) and Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) finished fourth and sixth, respectively. Nick ran a 7.98 in the final, while Hasselbrook clocked in at 8.09 seconds.
- Sophomore Brandon Goesch (Germantown, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish in the 800. He ran a time of 1:59.06.
- The Falcons had a pair of relay teams finish inside the top five of their respective races, as the 4X400-meter squad (Hasselbrook, Gavin Falotico, Mike Prue, Roy) placed third, while the DMR team (Matthew Wilcox, Logan Hass, David Schlecht, Emanuel Huerta-Gutierrez) placed fifth.
ABOUT THE MEET
- Benedictine snapped Aurora's run as NACC Indoor Champions, winning the team title. Aurora, who had won the last three indoor meets, finished second.
- Some Falcons will participate in last chance meets to close the indoor season in an attempt to improve their times and distances.