KENOSHA, Wis. – Senior Stephen Bernau took home an individual title in the 5,000-meter run, pacing the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field Team at the Tadd Metzger Invitational Friday night. The Falcons finished fourth at the event, which hosted five very strong teams from the Midwest.
- Falcons Finish: 4th of 5 (79 teams points)
- Champions: Stephen Bernau (5,000-meter run – 15:55.99)
- Team Champion: Carthage College (183 points)
- Location: Carthage College – Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bernau (Courtland, Minn.) impressed in the 5,000-meter run, posting a time of 15:55.99. He topped the 12-competitor field, being the only runner to run a post 16-minute race. Bernau won the race by nearly eight seconds.
- Junior Tyler White (Milwaukee, Wis.) broke his own school record in the triple jump for the second time this season, posting a mark of 14.07 meters. He finished second in the event, while adding a second-place finish in the long jump (6.63 meters).
- Sophomore Jake Roy (Appleton, Wis.) led a cast of Falcons who ran well in the 400-meter dash on Friday. Roy placed second in the event after finishing the race in 51.12. Kory Boyd (Cerritos, Calif.), Bobby Russ (Wauwatosa, Wis.) and Tyus Groos (Stevens Point,, Wis.) all had strong races as well, finishing 5th-7th.
- The duo of Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) and Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) finished second and third in the 55-meter hurdles, respectively. Hasselbrook added a sixth-place finish in the 200-meter dash as well.
- Senior Bathong Pham (Milwaukee, Wis.) posted a fourth-place finish in the pole vault as he cleared 4.00 meters.
- While only five teams competed on Friday, those teams were quality opponents for the Falcons as they gear up for the NACC Championships which are about a month away. Carthage, Wheaton, Aurora and Carroll all took part in the meet on Friday.
- The Falcons will take next weekend off before heading to the UW-Platteville Invitational in two weeks. The meet, scheduled for February 13, is set for an 11 a.m. start.