MENOMONIE, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Track & Field team continued its indoor season by competing at the UW-Stout Open Saturday. The Falcons once again showcased some strong individual performances with another successful day early in the season.
- Falcons Team Score: No Teams Score kept (Open Meet)
- Individual Champions: Zach Ziemann (3,000-meter run – 9:17.81)
- Location: UW-Stout – Menomonie, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ziemann (Jackson, Wis.) was part of the trio of Falcons who finished top three in the 3,000-meter run on Saturday. Senior Stephen Bernau (Courtland, Minn.) and junior Michael Taylor (Denmark, Wis.) finished just behind Ziemann with times of 9:19,60 and 9:22.71, respectively.
- Sophomore Silas Hasselbrook (Missoula, Mont.) had a strong day with a pair of PRs, coming in the 60-meter dash and the 60-meter hurdles. He posted a time of 7.22 in the 60-meter dash, while adding a time of 8.63 in 60-meter hurdles. Hasselbrook finished fifth in each event. His brother, Athanasius Hasselbrook added a PR time in the 60-meter dash as well.
- The 4X200-meter relay team of Bobby Russ (Wauwatosa, Wis.), Nick Margrett (Brookfield, Wis.), Kory Boyd (Cerritos, Calif.) and Jacob Roy (Appleton, Wis.) finished second in the event with a time of 1:35.66.
- Boyd posted a pair of PRs on Saturday, running a 23.95 in the 200-meter dash and a 54:04 in the 400. Sophomore Tyus Groos (Stevens Point, Wis.) added a PR in the 200 with a time of 24.26, while Margrett also PR'd in the event, running a 24.04. Damon Nick (Slinger, Wis.) ran a 24.30 in the 200, which was also a PR.
- Jacob Schwark (Fraser, Mich.) set a PR in the shot put, recording a toss of 10.18 meters.
- The Falcons will be in action on Friday at the Tadd Metzger Invitational, hosted by Carthage College. The meet is set to begin at 3:30 p.m.