MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin stayed undefeated in NACC play after controlling a pair of matches during a doubleheader on Saturday with a 9-0 win over Marian and an 8-1 decision against Edgewood.
Final Scores: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Marian 0; Concordia Wisconsin 8, Marian 1
Location: CUW Tennis Courts (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 10-11, 5-0 NACC; Marian 1-8, 1-3 NACC; Edgewood 4-12, 3-2 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin began its day with an easy 9-0 victory over Marian, that featured two matches being won by default.
- The Falcons game up just one game during doubles play, which featured a Nolan Rademacher and Brad Guendel 8-0 win at the No. 1 position.
- Meanwhile, singles play was highlighted by Rademacher (freshman, Monument, Colo.) and Guendel (senior, Greendale, Wis.) who each blanked their opponents during 6-0, 6-0 victories.
- Concordia Wisconsin continued its winning ways during the afternoon 8-1 win over Edgewood. It moved them to 6-2 in home matches.
- Sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) eased their way to an 8-0 win at the No. 3 position in doubles action to lead the hosts to a 3-0 lead.
- Binversie was again successful during his singles match with a 6-0, 6-0 victory. Werning added a 6-1, 6-1 decision in his favor at the No. 6 position.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) won both of his singles matches today and pushed his winning streak to six.
- The Falcons have won five matches that ended in a 9-0 score this season.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts MSOE on Wednesday in a battle of the last two undefeated teams in the NACC. The match will start at 4 pm on the Falcons campus' courts.