Janesville, Wis. – The Concordia Men's Tennis team competed Saturday against Carroll Pioneers and the UW-Whitewater Warhawks. The Falcons came up short in both matches losing to the Pioneers 6-3 and the Warhawks 8-1.
Final Score: Carroll 6, Concordia Wisconsin 3; UW-Whitewater 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
Location: Premier Tennis & Fitness Center
Records: Carroll 1-0, UW-Whitewater 1-2, Concordia Wisconsin 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW started the day with the Carroll Pioneers and doubles play for the Falcons saw one win. Concordia Wisconsin's sophomore Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) and junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) came away with an 8-4 doubles victory tying up the match at 1-1 after the Pioneers took the first doubles match of the day. Freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) and sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) took Carroll's Joseph Harrison and Q. Lamers to a tie breaker, but the Pioneers came away with a 9-8 victory in the No. 2 doubles position and a 2-1 lead heading into singles play.
- Carroll came out strong for singles play, rattling off three straight set victories by winning in the No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 positions. Concordia Wisconsin did get its first singles victory after a 6-3, 7-6 (2) victory by Rademacher. The Falcons did close out singles play with their second victory when Kloda took both sets 7-6, 6-4.
- The UW-Whitewater Warhawks were up next for CUW and proved to be tough test, as the Warhawks swept the Falcons in doubles competition. Rademacher and Binversie showed promise by taking Matt Zurowski and Brandon Dechter to a final of 8-5.
- Singles play was highlighted by the one Concordia Wisconsin match point, as Rademacher defeated Jimmy Engelhart by a result of 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-5). The Falcons dropped the remaining matches in singles play and ultimately the match 8-1 to UW-Whitewater.
- The Men's Tennis team will take on Lawrence on Friday the 16th inside the Pleasant Valley Tennis Center scheduled for 6:30 pm.