JACKSON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team fell in a pair of non-conference matches, both by 9-0 scores, against UW-La Crosse and Judson University Saturday.
- Final Scores: UW-La Crosse 9, Concordia Wisconsin 0; Judson 9, Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Location: Pleasant Valley Tennis Center – Jackson, Wisconsin
- Records: UW-La Crosse 3-2; Concordia Wisconsin 3-3; Judson 10-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the opener, the Falcons fell to the Eagles. In doubles play, the closest battle came at the No. 2 position where Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) and Christian Docter (Madison, Wis.) dropped a close one, 8-9 (9-11).
- James Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) also had a close call in his No. 1 singles match, falling in a third-set tiebreaker. The rest of the Falcons fell in straight sets.
- Judson took down CUW by beginning with three 8-2 victories in doubles play.
- Judson would then post six wins in singles play. Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) took his No. 5 singles match to a third-set tiebreak, with the rest of the matches ending in straight sets.
- The Falcons are off next weekend but will return to action Friday, March 3 with a non-conference match against North Central. That dual is set for a 6 p.m. start in Jackson.