APPLETON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team picked up a 6-3 non-conference win over Lawrence University Friday night. The Falcons used a complete team effort, with each of the six players gaining at least one win, whether in doubles or singles play.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, Lawrence 3
- Location: Fox Cities Racquet Club – Appleton, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-1; Lawrence 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons started the day with wins in two of three doubles matches. The No. 1 duo of juniors James Forster (Northbrook, Ill.) and Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.) gained an 8-6 win, while the No. 2 team of junior Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) and sophomore Christian Docter (Madison, Wis.) netted an 8-4 victory.
- CUW carried its momentum into singles play with wins in four of six matches. The Falcons posted victories at the No. 1, 4, 5, and 6 singles positions. Forster led the way at No. 1 singles with a thrilling 3-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8) win.
- The other Falcons wins came in straight sets, including Guendel at the No. 4 position. He rolled to a 6-1, 6-3 victory.
- Freshman Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and senior Trevor Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) also picked up wins in singles play at the No. 5 and 6 spots, respectively. Binversie posted a 6-4, 6-0 win, while Budewitz gained a 6-4, 7-5 decision.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The win was the second straight for the Falcons in the all-time series against Lawrence. CUW now holds a 4-7 record all-time against the Vikings.
- The Falcons will host a pair of non-conference matches tomorrow at Pleasant Valley Tennis Center in Jackson. CUW will take on UW-La Crosse at 2 p.m. and Judson at 6 p.m.