WAUWATOSA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team continued its perfect NACC season with an 8-1 win over Wisconsin Lutheran College Wednesday evening at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The Falcons improved to 5-0 in conference play.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Location: Hart Park – Wauwatosa, Wis.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 14-6, 5-0 NACC; Wisconsin Lutheran 3-11, 2-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons opened play with a sweep in three doubles matches. Leading the charge were the No. 2 and 3 doubles teams, which each won by a scores of 8-3. The No. 2 duo was comprised of freshman Christian Docter (Madison, Wis.) and sophomore Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.), while the No. 3 doubles squad was junior Trevor Budewitz (Watertown, Wis.) and freshman Jonah Fowle (Menomonee Falls, Wis.).
- In singles play, CUW picked up wins at No. 2 through No. 6 singles for the 8-1 team victory. Schaffner gained the most convincing singles win, a 6-2, 6-4 match at No. 3 singles.
- Guendel also won in straight sets at the No. 4 position, 7-6, 6-2, while Budewitz posted a 6-3, 6-4 win in the No. 5 singles match. Also winning in straight sets was senior Robert Spiering (Wauwatosa, Wis.) at No. 6 singles, 7-6, 6-4.
- The final singles win for the Falcons was by Docter in the No. 2 match. He posted a 6-4, 6-7, 1-0 (11-9) victory for CUW.
- The Falcons will host a pair of NACC matches on Saturday at the CUW Tennis Courts. The Falcons open with Marian at 10 a.m. before hosting fellow NACC-unbeaten Edgewood at 2 p.m.
1. Sallmann, Derek (WLC) def. Nommensen, Benjamin (CUW) 7-6, 7-5
2. Docter, Christian (CUW) def. Birner, Zach (WLC) 6-4, 6-7, 11-9
3. Schaffner, Ceejay (CUW) def. Wordell, Ben (WLC) 6-2, 6-4
4. Guendel, Brad (CUW) def. Fitzgerald, Paul (WLC) 7-6, 6-2
5. Budewitz, Trevor (CUW) def. Guichard, Cedric (WLC) 6-3, 6-4
6. Spiering, Robert (CUW) def. Eastman, Ryan (WLC) 7-6, 6-4
1. Nommensen, Benjamin/Guendel, Brad (CUW) def. Sallmann, Derek/Wordell, Ben (WLC) 8-5
2. Docter, Christian/Schaffner, Ceejay (CUW) def. Birner, Zach/Fitzgerald, Paul (WLC) 8-3
3. Budewitz, Trevor/Fowle, Jonah (CUW) def. Guichard, Cedric/Eastman, Ryan (WLC) 8-3