Men's Tennis drops second straight in South Carolina
HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Tennis team dropped its second straight match Tuesday, falling to the University of Scranton, 7-2.
The Falcons (2-6) came out strong in doubles play, taking two of three matches. The No. 2 duo of junior Russell Johnson (Monticello, Wis.) and Antoine Leon were dominant in their match, gaining an 8-1 victory. Also winning in doubles play was the No. 3 team of juniorsTanner Hahn (Reedsburg, Wis.) and Garrett Wells (Aurora, Ill.) as they netted a 8-6 victory.
Unfortunately for CUW the momentum gained in doubles play would not carry over to singles action as the Royals (1-2) took all six singles matches en route to the 7-2 victory.
CUW returns to the court tomorrow when they take on Hartwick College at 11:30 a.m.
03/26/13 at Hilton Head, S.C. (Hilton Head Beach & Tennis Resort)
1. McGurrin, Tim (US) def. Johnson, Russell (CUW) 6-0, 6-4
2. Teres, David (US) def. Turner, Skip (CUW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Morra, Joe (US) def. Shaffer, Taylor (CUW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Pannone, Mike (US) def. Leon, Antoine (CUW) 6-3, 6-0
5. Williams, Brian (US) def. Hahn, Tanner (CUW) 6-1, 6-1
6. Kelley, Bennett (US) def. Wells, Garrett (CUW) 7-6 (7-3), 6-3
1. McGurrin, Tim/Teres, David (US) def. Turner, Skip/Shaffer, Taylor (CUW) 8-4
2. Johnson, Russell/Leon, Antoine (CUW) def. Pannone, Mike/Patel, Devin (US) 8-1
3. Garrett Wells/Hahn, Tanner (CUW) def. Dalkiewicz, James/Murphy, Kevin (US) 8-6
University of Scranton 1-2
Concordia Wisconsin 2-6