MEQUON, Wis. – Colin Dibb scored early in the second half to help the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer Team to a 1-1 draw against Elmhurst in the Falcons home opener Wednesday afternoon. CUW trailed 1-0 at the break as Elmhurst scored early in the opening half.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 1, Elmhurst 1
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 1-0-2; Elmhurst 2-0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dibb (Hartland, Wis.) tied the match just 8:04 into the second half on his first goal of the season. The senior is one of the Falcons top returning goal scorers, having netted nine scores a season ago. His goal Wednesday came from the top right of the box and was placed perfectly to bring the score to 1-1.
- The only other goal of the match came 12:13 into play when Zach Clements played a perfect cross to Andrew Hicks who finished it with a header, giving Elmhurst a 1-0 lead. The goal was the second of the season for Hicks.
- The Falcons dominated possession for much of the first half, but couldn't get anything past Elmhurst keeper Nick King. CUW tallied 15 shots in the opening 45 minutes compared to three for the Bluejays. Of the 15 shots, five were on goal for the Falcons, while Elmhurst had just the Hicks shot on goal in the first half.
- Elmhurst had the shot edge in the second half, securing a 9-6 edge, including a 6-3 advantage in shots on goal. Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) was strong in the second half for the Falcons, securing six saves.
- In the first 10-minute overtime, each team got one shot, the Falcons going on goal. CUW then had a 4-1 edge in shots in the second overtime, including a 2-0 advantage in shots on goal. King finished the match with 10 saves for the Bluejays while Yeager stopped six shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcon were hoping for a similar result as last year's match with Elmhurst as CUW also trailed 1-0 at halftime. In that contest, the Falcons tallied two second-half goals for a 2-1 win.
- CUW has never beaten Elmhurst at home in three all-time meetings. The Falcons are 0-2-1 against the Bluejays at Fitting Field.
- The Falcons will stay at home for a non-conference showdown with Lake Forest Saturday. The action is set to start at Fitting Field at 1 p.m.