MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team survived the cold, wind, and rain, in a 5-0 win over Lakeland University Wednesday at Fitting Field. The match was the regular-season finale for the Falcons, who with the win, clinched a home match in the NACC Tournament set to begin on Sunday.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 5, Lakeland 0
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-4-0, 6-4-0 NACC; Lakeland 5-13-0, 3-7-0 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Dagoberto Diaz (Woodburn, Ore.) didn't seem to mind the conditions as he struck twice in the first half, his ninth and 10th goals of the season. Diaz' scores came in the 15th and 22nd minutes, the second being assisted by sophomore Iven Hernandez (Antioch, Ill.), helping give CUW a 2-0 halftime lead.
- It was freshmen Patricio Martinez (Scottsdale, Ariz.) who took over the scoring after the break, netting the next two goals for the Falcons. His first score was set up on a cross from senior Jordan Moehn, while his second was assisted by junior Luis Loya (Bolingbrook, Ill.). Martinez now has three goals over his last two matches.
- Moehn (Fond du Lac, Wis.) finished off the scoring with his third goal of the season in the 85th minute.
- CUW once again went with Killian Mielotz (Grafton, Wis.) in the first half and Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) in the second half at goalkeeper. Mielotz made one save, while the duo combined for a shutout for the fifth time this season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons clinched a home match in the NACC Tournament and will host a team yet to be determined on Sunday at 1 p.m. Some matches were postponed to Thursday so stay tuned to CUWFalcons.com for more information closer to Sunday.
- Moehn's goal helped him match his jersey number for career scores. He now has struck 23 times over his impressive four-year career. Nine of those came during his junior season.
- Stay tuned to CUWFalcons.com and the Men's Soccer page for updates on who the Falcons will take on Sunday at Fitting Field at 1 p.m.