MEQUON, Wis. – Trinity International's Noah Smith scored a goal with 3:04 left in overtime, stunning the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Soccer team, 2-1, Monday at Fitting Field. The loss was the first of the season for the Falcons.
- Final Score: Trinity International 2, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wis.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 2-1-0, Trinity International 2-1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Smith's goal came with 3:04 left in overtime and was assisted off a free kick from Zach Reget. Reget sent the ball towards a host of players in front of the net and Smith was there to place it to the front right corner for the 2-1 win.
-Ragat also had an assist off a free kick for the first goal of the match, 22:07 into play. There he found Joseph Sanborn to give the Trojans a 1-0 lead.
- The Falcons goal was scored 29:04 into play on a brilliant left footed volley from senior Keegan Van Dusseldorp (Burlington, Wis.) from about 20 yards out. Freshman Gavin Falotico (Palatine, Ill.) started the play by launching a beautiful pass up to freshman Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis.). From there, Serna made a nice touch to Van Dusseldorp who tallied his fourth goal of the year, tying the match at 1-1.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Trojans first goal ended a 202:07 scoreless streak to begin the season for Alec Brew (Appleton, Wis.) and the CUW defense. The Falcons posted shutouts in back-to-back matches to start the season. Brew had seven saves in today's match.
- Van Dusseldorp already has four goals this season and now has reached 30 for his career. He is well on pace to surpass his career best of 11 goals from last year.
- Serna had an assist for the second straight match and has added some depth to the Falcons front line. CUW also got junior Jordan Moehn (Fond du Lac, Wis.) from injury today, a player who scored seven goals a season ago.
- CUW has had some tough luck in overtime over the past two seasons. The Falcons are 0-5-2 in such matches.
- Ragat proved to the be one of the Trojans top players with a couple of beautiful set pieces on free kicks for the two goals.
- Jared Yonke was outstanding in net for Trinity International, making nine saves. Yonke had a couple of key stops down the stretch in regulation and overtime.
- CUW is off until Saturday when it hosts Monmouth at Fitting Field at 1:30 p.m. The Falcons will also host Knox the next day at 1:30 p.m.