MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team trailed 3-0 after one period of play Saturday in an NCHA contest against Lawrence. Once the second period started, the Falcons started to roll, storming back for a 4-3 overtime win, capped off by a Jim Pearson score in the extra session. The win moves the Falcons to 9-4-2 on the season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 4, Lawrence 3 (F/OT)
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-4-2, 5-3 NCHA; Lawrence 6-8-1, 4-4 NCHA
BRAYDON BARKER POSTGAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Pearson (Ashton, Ontario) capped off the comeback with his overtime score with 1:56 left in overtime. Braydon Barker (Red Deer, Alberta) and Dante Hahn (Victoria, British Columbia) assisted on the Pearson goal. Barker, who leads the Falcons with 11 assists this season, had three helpers on Saturday.
- The game started off as the Lane King show as the Lawrence forward recorded a first-period hat trick to make the score 3-0. The second of King's goals was on the power play, the only power play score for either team Saturday.
- The Falcons got two second-period goals, the first off the stick of Brody Decker (Dousman, Wis.). Decker then had an assist on a Connor Hogg (London, Ontario) score with five seconds left in the period, making the score 3-2 in favor of Lawrence. Barker tallied assists on both plays, while senior Travis Marit (Assiniboia, Saskatchewan) added an assist on the Decker goal, Marit's first assist of the season.
- The game-tying score came off the stick of Adam Fauchoux (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan), just 4:06 into the third period. Josh Adkins (Victoria, British Columbia) made a perfect pass, hitting Fauchoux in stride as the junior finished the breakaway goal. Casey Esselman (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.) added an assist on the play.
- Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) settled in after a shaky first period to pick up his third win of the season. Romanuik finished the game with 25 saves, including three stops in the overtime session. He was a perfect 17-for-17 in saves from the second period on.
- The two teams combined for 51 penalty minutes and a total of 20 infractions, but those penalties only resulted in a total of eight power play opportunities between the two. The Falcons were 0-for-5 with the advantage while Lawrence countered at 1-for-3.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- What made the Falcons comeback win most impressive was the fact they played with four defensemen for over half the game. An injury and a game misconduct, both happening roughly midway through the second period, left CUW with four defensemen the rest of the way. Esselman, Barker, Brett Garvey, and Jared Pilet performed well in the extended minutes.
- This was the first time CUW has overcome a three-goal deficit. The Falcons have overcome a two-goal deficit on five different occasions, including earlier this season against UW-River Falls.
- CUW will visit St. Scholastica next Friday with puck drop set for 7 p.m.
April 12, 2018 #HumboldtStrong
February 21, 2018 Men's Hockey places 12 on NCHA All-Academic Team
February 17, 2018 Men's Hockey season comes to an end in Harris Cup Quarterfinals
February 15, 2018 Rink Notes: CUW vs. LFC (Ticket Information provided - no free entrance)
February 9, 2018 Men's Hockey holds on against Trine, clinches home playoff series
February 7, 2018 Malvin named NCHA Defensive Player of the Week
February 3, 2018 Men's Hockey rides three goal second period to NCHA victory
February 2, 2018 Men's Hockey gets road victory against MSOE
January 27, 2018 Men's Hockey secures Border Battle Trophy with win over Foresters
January 26, 2018 Men's Hockey blanks Aurora
January 25, 2018 Men's, Women's Hockey ready for Pink the Rink
January 23, 2018 Pilet one of 11 nominations for the Hockey Humanitarian Award
January 20, 2018 Men's Hockey unable to slow down No. 3 Adrian
January 19, 2018 Malvin stops 30, leads Men's Hockey to NCHA win over Trine
January 18, 2018 Rink Notes: Falcons host Thunder, Bulldogs this weekend
January 13, 2018 Strong second period guides Men's Hockey to win at Northland
January 12, 2018 Men's Hockey drops NCHA road tilt at St. Scholastica
January 9, 2018 Hockey programs participate in Be the Match Registry Drive
January 5, 2018 Men's Hockey falls in NCHA battle with Marian
January 4, 2018 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey returns home for two NCHA contests
December 16, 2017 Hahn helps Falcons secure OT tie at UW-Stout
December 15, 2017 USCHO Feature: Hahn, Falcons off to a strong start
December 15, 2017 Guerra's power play goal caps third-period comeback for Men's Hockey
December 8, 2017 Men's Hockey falls to No. 9 UW-Stevens Point
December 2, 2017 Men's Hockey holds on for key NCHA win
December 1, 2017 Aurora deals Men's Hockey first home loss
November 29, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey battles Spartans Friday night
November 25, 2017 Men's Hockey settles for 2-2 tie against Johnnies
November 24, 2017 Men's Hockey silences Bethel, retains Thanksgiving Cup
November 22, 2017 Rink Notes: Falcons welcome MIAC foes for Thanksgiving weekend games
November 14, 2017 Malvin named NCHA Defensive Player of the Week
November 11, 2017 Men's Hockey takes care of Northland to remain perfect at home
November 10, 2017 Adkins, Malvin lead Men's Hockey past St. Scholastica
November 9, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey set for two NCHA home games
November 4, 2017 Romanuik blanks Finlandia for Men's Hockey NCHA road win
November 3, 2017 No. 1 St. Norbert pulls away from Men's Hockey in third period
November 1, 2017 Seel named NCHA Offensive Player of the Week
October 30, 2017 Men's Hockey ranked 15th by D3Hockey.com
October 28, 2017 Seel's four-point effort lifts Men's Hockey over UW-Superior
October 27, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey opens 2017-18 campaign this weekend
October 20, 2017 Men's Hockey tabbed sixth in NCHA Preseason Poll
October 4, 2017 Eight from Men's Hockey honored as AHCA All-American Scholars
June 1, 2017 Men's Hockey adds Jensen as Assistant Coach