LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team went on the road and picked up a big NCHA win over Lake Forest Saturday. The Falcons, who scored with one second left in the second period for the game's first goal, traded goals with the Foresters in the third period and held on for a 3-2 win.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Lake Forest 2
- Location: Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse – Lake Forest, Illinois
- Records: CUW 7-2-1, 4-2 NCHA; Lake Forest 7-4, 4-2 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons and Foresters nearly went scoreless in the first two periods but senior captain Jared Pilet (Seattle, Wash.) scored with one second left on the clock in the second for the game's first goal. Matt Valure (Hermantown, Minn.) and Braydon Barker (Red Deer, Alberta) tallied assists on the Pilet score.
- Dante Hahn (Victoria, British Columbia) put the Falcons up 2-0 midway through the final period. Hahn, who has scored a goal in four straight games, tallied his goal off assists from Nick Guerra (Victoria, British Columbia) and Casey Esselman (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.).
- The Foresters got on the board just over two minutes later to cut the Falcons lead to 2-1, but CUW had a response on a power play goal off the stick of Adam Fauchoux (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan) with 3:23 remaining. Nick Guiney (Victoria, British Columbia) and Barker assisted on the Falcons final goal of the night.
- Lake Forest, already on a power play, pulled its goalie with 1:22 left on the clock to try and cut the Falcons deficit to one. The move paid dividends as the Foresters scored eight seconds later. The Foresters goal would be the final of the game, however, as the Falcons held on for the NCHA win.
- Nick Malvin (Ham Lake, Minn.) had a solid game between the pipes for the Falcons, finishing with 27 saves. Of the 27 stops, 15 came in the second period. His counterpart, Louis Phillipe De Courcy, made 23 saves.
- The Falcons will visit nationally ranked UW-Stevens Point next weekend for a non-conference game. The Friday night contest is set to begin at 7 p.m.
January 13, 2018 Strong second period guides Men's Hockey to win at Northland
January 12, 2018 Men's Hockey drops NCHA road tilt at St. Scholastica
January 9, 2018 Hockey programs participate in Be the Match Registry Drive
January 5, 2018 Men's Hockey falls in NCHA battle with Marian
January 4, 2018 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey returns home for two NCHA contests
December 16, 2017 Hahn helps Falcons secure OT tie at UW-Stout
December 15, 2017 USCHO Feature: Hahn, Falcons off to a strong start
December 15, 2017 Guerra's power play goal caps third-period comeback for Men's Hockey
December 8, 2017 Men's Hockey falls to No. 9 UW-Stevens Point
December 2, 2017 Men's Hockey holds on for key NCHA win
December 1, 2017 Aurora deals Men's Hockey first home loss
November 29, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey battles Spartans Friday night
November 25, 2017 Men's Hockey settles for 2-2 tie against Johnnies
November 24, 2017 Men's Hockey silences Bethel, retains Thanksgiving Cup
November 22, 2017 Rink Notes: Falcons welcome MIAC foes for Thanksgiving weekend games
November 14, 2017 Malvin named NCHA Defensive Player of the Week
November 11, 2017 Men's Hockey takes care of Northland to remain perfect at home
November 10, 2017 Adkins, Malvin lead Men's Hockey past St. Scholastica
November 9, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey set for two NCHA home games
November 4, 2017 Romanuik blanks Finlandia for Men's Hockey NCHA road win
November 3, 2017 No. 1 St. Norbert pulls away from Men's Hockey in third period
November 1, 2017 Seel named NCHA Offensive Player of the Week
October 30, 2017 Men's Hockey ranked 15th by D3Hockey.com
October 28, 2017 Seel's four-point effort lifts Men's Hockey over UW-Superior
October 27, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey opens 2017-18 campaign this weekend
October 20, 2017 Men's Hockey tabbed sixth in NCHA Preseason Poll
October 4, 2017 Eight from Men's Hockey honored as AHCA All-American Scholars
June 1, 2017 Men's Hockey adds Jensen as Assistant Coach