MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team secured another home win Saturday afternoon, 3-1 over Northland College. The Falcons are now 4-0 at home this season and move to 5-1 overall thanks in large part to a pair of third-period goals and 31 saves by Nick Malvin.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Northland 1
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 5-1, 3-1 NCHA; Northland 1-4-1, 1-4-1 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was Northland who struck first on Saturday, scoring two minutes into the second period. The Lumberjacks secured a power play goal on a deflection by Ty Kraus to take a 1-0 advantage.
- CUW would even the score until late in the second stanza on the first career goal from Casey Esselman (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.). Eric Therrien (Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan) and Nick Szopinski (Beaver Dam, Wis.) assisted on the game-tying score with 1:42 left in the second.
- The Falcons carried the momentum from the late second-period score into the third as they tallied two more goals for a 3-1 win. Freshman Braydon Barker (Red Deer, Alberta) scored the game-winner 4:02 into the final period with Brody Decker (Dousman, Wis.) gaining an assist.
- Josh Adkins (Victoria, British Columbia) put the finishing touches on Northland with his third goal over the last two games. Jared Pilet (Seattle, Wash.) assisted on the game's final goal.
- Malvin (Ham Lake, Minn.) was outstanding once again for the Falcons. He tallied 31 saves Saturday and allowed just two goals over the weekend wins over the Lumberjacks and St. Scholastica. Malvin is now 4-1 this season.
- The Falcons will have next weekend off before hosting two more games November 24-25. CUW welcomes Bethel on Friday, November 24 for a 7 p.m. puck drop.
November 22, 2017 Rink Notes: Falcons welcome MIAC foes for Thanksgiving weekend games
November 14, 2017 Malvin named NCHA Defensive Player of the Week
November 11, 2017 Men's Hockey takes care of Northland to remain perfect at home
November 10, 2017 Adkins, Malvin lead Men's Hockey past St. Scholastica
November 9, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey set for two NCHA home games
November 4, 2017 Romanuik blanks Finlandia for Men's Hockey NCHA road win
November 3, 2017 No. 1 St. Norbert pulls away from Men's Hockey in third period
November 1, 2017 Seel named NCHA Offensive Player of the Week
October 30, 2017 Men's Hockey ranked 15th by D3Hockey.com
October 28, 2017 Seel's four-point effort lifts Men's Hockey over UW-Superior
October 27, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey opens 2017-18 campaign this weekend
October 20, 2017 Men's Hockey tabbed sixth in NCHA Preseason Poll
October 4, 2017 Eight from Men's Hockey honored as AHCA All-American Scholars
June 1, 2017 Men's Hockey adds Jensen as Assistant Coach