DE PERE, Wis. – St. Norbert scored three goals in a 4:27 span early in the third period to pull away from the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team Friday night. The 6-2 setback was the first of the season for the Falcons, who were facing the No. 1 ranked team in the country in the Green Knights.
- Final Score: No. 1 St. Norbert 6, CUW 2
- Location: Cornerstone Community Center- De Pere, Wisconsin
- Records: St. Norbert 1-0, 1-0 NCHA; CUW 2-1, 0-1 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons cut the Green Knights lead to 3-2 early in the third period as freshman Brett Garvey (Ashton, Ontario) struck with a shorthanded score 2:42 into the final frame. Unfortunately for CUW, the Green Knights took a two-goal lead right back with a power-play score 3:13 into the stanza.
- St. Norbert added two more scores, at the 5:40 and 7:40 marks, respectively, to finish off CUW with a 6-2 final.
- Dante Hahn (Victoria, British Columbia) had the other CUW goal, coming on the power play 8:53 into the second period. Mac Ferner (Vernon, British Columbia) assisted on the Hahn score, while Brumwell (Calgary, Alberta) tallied a helper on the Garvey score in the third.
- The Green Knights also had a shorthanded score on Friday, coming from Steven Phillips in with 3:20 left in the second period. Just when it looked as if CUW may have some momentum with a power play and trailing just 2-1, Phillips took it right back for St. Norbert making the score 3-1 heading into the third.
- The eight goals scored came on just a combined 36 shots on goal between the teams. CUW finished with 14 shots on goal, as T.J. Black made 12 saves to get the win for St. Norbert. Nick Malvin (Ham Lake, Minn.) was the goalie of record for the Falcons, while Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) stopped all five shots he faced in a relief effort.
- St. Norbert went 2-for-7 on the power play, while the Falcons countered with a 1-for-7 attack.
- The Falcons will travel to face Finlandia tomorrow for another NCHA matchup. Puck drop is set for 4 p.m. eastern time in Michigan (3 p.m. central).
December 8, 2017 Men's Hockey falls to No. 9 UW-Stevens Point
December 2, 2017 Men's Hockey holds on for key NCHA win
December 1, 2017 Aurora deals Men's Hockey first home loss
November 29, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey battles Spartans Friday night
November 25, 2017 Men's Hockey settles for 2-2 tie against Johnnies
November 24, 2017 Men's Hockey silences Bethel, retains Thanksgiving Cup
November 22, 2017 Rink Notes: Falcons welcome MIAC foes for Thanksgiving weekend games
November 14, 2017 Malvin named NCHA Defensive Player of the Week
November 11, 2017 Men's Hockey takes care of Northland to remain perfect at home
November 10, 2017 Adkins, Malvin lead Men's Hockey past St. Scholastica
November 9, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey set for two NCHA home games
November 4, 2017 Romanuik blanks Finlandia for Men's Hockey NCHA road win
November 3, 2017 No. 1 St. Norbert pulls away from Men's Hockey in third period
November 1, 2017 Seel named NCHA Offensive Player of the Week
October 30, 2017 Men's Hockey ranked 15th by D3Hockey.com
October 28, 2017 Seel's four-point effort lifts Men's Hockey over UW-Superior
October 27, 2017 Rink Notes: Men's Hockey opens 2017-18 campaign this weekend
October 20, 2017 Men's Hockey tabbed sixth in NCHA Preseason Poll
October 4, 2017 Eight from Men's Hockey honored as AHCA All-American Scholars
June 1, 2017 Men's Hockey adds Jensen as Assistant Coach