MEQUON, Wis. – No. 15 UW-Eau Claire scored five unanswered goals, resulting in a 5-2 setback for the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team Friday night at the Ozaukee Ice Center. The Falcons scored the first and last goals of the contest, but the five in between dealt them a three-goal non-conference setback.
- Final Score: No. 15 UW-Eau Claire 5, Concordia Wisconsin 2
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-3-1; UW-Eau Claire 4-1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons sounded the horn 14:14 into the opening stanza to build a 1-0 lead Friday night. It was junior Jared Pilet (Seattle, Wash.) who tallied his first goal of the season, assisted by sophomores Adam Fauchoux (Prince Albert, Saskatchewan) and Nicholas Erb (London, Ontario).
- The Blugolds would score the next five, including one off the stick of Joe Nathe with 54 seconds left in the opening stanza. UW-Eau Claire would put up three in the second, the final two on the power play, and one midway through the third for a 5-1 advantage.
- The Falcons final goal came with 21 seconds remaining, the first of the season for junior Brody Decker (Dousman, Wis.). Sophomores Jon Brumwell (Calgary, Alberta) and Eric Therrien (Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan) aided the Decker score.
- CUW finished the game 0-for-6 on the power play, while UW-Eau Claire was 2-for-8. Sophomore Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) stopped 29 shots for the Falcons, while his counterpart, Jay Deo, made 27 stops for UW-Eau Claire.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The game was the first of the season for the Falcons against a top 15 opponent. Last season, CUW defeated three ranked teams, including a 2-1 win at UW-Eau Claire.
- CUW will host UW-Stout tomorrow night at 7 p.m. at the Ozaukee Ice Center.