ADRIAN, Mich. – No. 3 Adrian scored twice in each period, resulting in a 6-1 setback for the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Hockey team Saturday afternoon. The Falcons are now tied for the final NCHA Playoff spot in the South Division with Lake Forest, each team having two conference games left.
- Final Score: No. 3 Adrian 6, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Arrington Ice Arena – Adrian, Mich.
- Records: No. 3 Adrian 19-3-1, 15-2-1 NCHA; Concordia Wisconsin 10-11-2, 6-10-2 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Adrian scored two late power play goals in the first period, building a 2-0 lead. Taylor McClooy scored with 3:23 left in the stanza, while Austin Hervey made it 2-0 with just 40 seconds left before the first intermission.
- The Falcons were whistled for five penalties in the first period and totaled 22 minutes in the box on 11 infractions for the game.
- Adrian would build its lead to 5-0, scoring twice in the second period and once early in the third before the Falcons got on the board. Junior Tanner Bull (Brooklin, Ontario) netted a shorthanded goal 8:38 into the final period. Freshman Taylor Gauld (Whitby, Ontario) assisted on the Bull goal.
- Adrian finished the game 2-for-6 on the power play, while CUW was scoreless on five chances with the advantage. The Bulldogs also held a 40-30 edge in shots as freshman Jack Romanuik (Melfort, Saskatchewan) finished with 34 saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW is now tied with Lake Forest for the final playoff spot out of the NCHA South Division. The Falcons close the season against Northland (6-11-1 NCHA), while Lake Forest will matchup with Lawrence (7-8-3 NCHA).
- The Falcons final two regular season games of the season will be in Ashland, Wis. next weekend against Northland. The opener of the series is set for Friday night at 7 p.m.