ELMHURST, Ill. – Evan Carden shot a 4-over par 76 on Thursday afternoon to lead Concordia Wisconsin at the Elmhurst Fall Invitational at Oak Brook Golf Club. The Falcons finished in ninth place as a team.
Course: Oak Brook Golf Club (par 72, 6,541 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 9th of 10 (342)
Falcon Individuals: Evan Carden (76), Dylan Karvala (82), Logan Jones (87), Jonah McGinnis (97), Brandon Pape (102)#, Stanton Konetzki (106)
#competed as an individual
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Evan Carden (Plainfield, Ill.) fired a 4-over par 76, which is the second lowest score shot by a Falcon this season, to finish in a tie for 10th place. He drained four birdie putts and had seven pars during an impressive round.
- Concordia Wisconsin recorded a ninth-place finish with a 342 team score.
- Freshman Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) carded an 82 with 10 pars to tie for 32nd, while sophomore Logan Jones (Plymouth, Wis.) made five pars on the back nine for an 87 to tie for 41st on the individual leaderboard.
- Freshman Jonah McGinnis (Maywood, Ill.) shot a 97 and freshman Brandon Pape (Dousman, Wis.) ended with a 102. Freshman Stanton Konetzki (Sheboygan, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 106.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Carthage won the team trophy with a 13-over par 301 total score.
- Pete Leinenweber (Loras) won medalist honors with a 1-over par 73, which included five birdies and eight pars.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete in the MSOE Invitational on Sunday and Monday at Grand Geneva Resort, which is a 36-hole two-day event.