HARTFORD, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin sent a pair of teams to the Wisconsin Lutheran Fall Invitational and finished in 11th and 15th, respectively, at Washington Country Golf Course on Tuesday.
Course: Washington County Golf Course (par 72, 6,926 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 11th of 16 (326-325 – 645)
Falcon Individuals: Jacob Sheehan (82-78 – 160), Kyle Rebholz (80-83 – 163), Jake Lipski (81-83 – 164), Nathan Hasenstein (80-87 – 167), Sam Schlosser (79-wd), Andrew Otto (dnc-81), Dylan Karvala (84-81 -165), Bailey VanHandel (88-87 – 175), CJ Teske (93-89 – 182), Andrew Handrich (98-88 – 186), Jonah McGinnis (90-wd)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- An event the Falcons usually send as many golfers as possible ended with nine student-athletes playing all 36 holes and three others scoring in a round. Concordia Wisconsin had one team finish 11th overall, while its second team ended 15th on the leaderboard.
- Junior Jacob Sheehan (Elburn, Ill.) led the program with a tie for 37th out of 95 golfers after signing for a 160 (82-78) total. He was one of six in the lineup to improve from the opening round to the final 18 holes of play.
- Senior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) carded an 80-83 (163), while junior Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) signed for a 164 total (81-83).
- Freshman Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) improved three strokes from the opening round and had a 165 total (84-81). Senior Nathan Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) walked off with an 80-87 (167) score, while sophomore Bailey VanHandel (Kaukauna, Wis.) recorded a 175 (88-87).
- Sophomore CJ Teske (Pewaukee, Wis.) tallied 182 strokes (93-89) and junior Andrew Handrich (Kaukauna, Wis.) made the biggest improvement in the lineup by 10 strokes with a 98-88 (186).
- Sophomore Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) played in the opening round and fired a 79, while sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) accumulated 81 shots in the second round. Freshman Jonah McGinnis (Maywood, Ill.) recorded a 90 during the first 18 holes of play on Sunday.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Sheehan drained 22 par putts over the course of 36 holes, to go along with a birdie. Meanwhile, Rebholz sunk four birdie putts to lead the Falcons. Lipski had three birdies of his own.
- Karvla had 19 putts during his two rounds, while Hasenstein made three birdies and 14 pars.
- Jacob Krugman (Lake Forest) and Sullivan Schrandt (MSOE) tied for medalist honors with a two-day total of 144).
- Carthage won the team trophy with a 599 (303-296) to finish six strokes ahead of St. Mary's.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Oak Brook Golf Club for the Elmhurst Fall Invitational on Thursday.