GLAENA, Ill. – Nate Benjamin vaulted 22 spots up the leaderboard to finish in a tie for 10th at the difficult Midwest Region Classic on Saturday, while Concordia Wisconsin moved six spots upward to finish in 19th overall.
Course: Eagle Ridge Resort - North Course (par 72, 6,884 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 19th of 34 (335-321 – 656)
Falcon Individuals: Nate Benjamin (79-75 – 154), Sam Schlosser (82-80 – 162), Andrew Otto (85-83 – 168), Jake Tenlen (89-83 – 172), Kyle Rebholz (93-86 – 179)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) shot well during the opening round with a 7-over par 79, but played even better on Saturday with a 3-over par 75 to launch himself into a tie for 10th place. The rookie was sitting in a tie for 32nd after Friday.
- Concordia Wisconsin played much better during the final round, carding a 321 score which featured improvement from every golfer in the lineup. They moved from 25th to 19th position overall and were 14 strokes better from day one to day two.
- Sophomore Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) fired an 82-80 (162) to tie for 57th and moved up 15 spots on the leaderboard to end the tournament.
- Sophomore Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) ended with a 168 total (85-83), while junior Jake Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) improved six strokes and signed for a 172 (89-83).
- Senior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) had the best progress in the lineup and was seven strokes better from Friday to Saturday, which resulted in a 179 (93-86).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Edgewood won the tournament with a 620 total (313-307) and was a stroke better than Wheaton and Carthage.
- Zach Hentrich (Edgewood) won medalist honors with a pair of E-par 72 scores.
- Benjamin was 1-over par on all par 3s (3.13 scoring average) and was 7-over par on par 4s, which ranked tied for 17th amongst all individuals. He was also tied for second with 23 pars.
- Schlosser finished 1-under par on all par 5 holes and averaged a 4.88 on the longest of all holes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete in a dual meet at Carroll on Saturday, September 23.