Janesville, Wis.- Concordia Wisconsin's season is underway and they just completed their first invitational of the season at the Edgewood Culver's Fall Classic. The Falcons finished in 13th place and were led by Junior Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) who was tied for 34th at Glen Erin Golf Club.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- CUW finished its first invitational of the season by placing 13th at the Edgewood Culver's Fall Classic. The Falcons shot a total team score of 643 over two rounds.
- Over the two day stretch Concordia Wisconsin shot a day one score of 322 and a day two score of 321. Both of those scores combined were good enough for 75 over par.
- The top three scorers for CUW were all within three strokes of each other. Senior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) shot a 158, Freshman Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz) totaled a 160, and Tenlen carded a 157.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Concordia Wisconsin's golfers, Benjamin and Rebholz, made the biggest improvements from day one to day two. Both golfers cut two strokes each and tied for 49th and 40th respectively.
- Webster won the Edgewood Culver's Fall Classic with a total team score of 593, which came out to be 25 strokes over par.
- The Webster Gorloks ended up with four players in the top 10 and 3 of the four placed in the top five. The team finished day one with a score of 300 and a day two total of 293, meaning they shaved off seven strokes from the first round.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will be in action this upcoming Tuesday at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course (Bristol, Ill.) for the Aurora Double Gun.