BRISTOL, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Golf team competed at the Aurora University Double Gun Monday. The tournament was formatted to play 36 holes all in one day at Blackberry Oaks.
- Course: Blackberry Oaks (6505 yards – Par 72)
- Team Leaderboard: 17th of 17 (355-367)
- Falcon Individuals: Mike Loftus 165 (86-79); Harrison Dixon 184 (85-99); Colin Raley 185 (92-93); Ryan Senkbeil 191 (92-99); Nathan LeSage 194 (98-96)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Loftus (Germantown, Wis.) had the best round of the day for the Falcons, firing a 79 during his second 18 holes. He finished in a tie for 42nd with a two-round score of 165 (+21).
- Dixon (West Bend, Wis.) opened the day with a round of 85 and finished with a 36-hole score of 184. He was followed closely by Raley (Inverness, Ill.) who carded rounds of 92 and 93, respectively, for an overall score of 185.
- Senkbeil (West Bend, Wis.) opened his day with a 92 and finished with a two-round score of 191, while LeSage (Fredonia, Wis.) posted a 194 for the day, with his better effort coming in the afternoon, carding a 96.
- As a team the Falcons shot better in the morning, carding a 355 before posting a 367 in the afternoon. Carthage won the meet with a team score of 602, including an impressive 294 in the first session.
- Drew Engelking of Wheaton won medalist honors after posting a pair of even par rounds (72-72).
- The Falcons will be busy again this coming weekend, playing in the Carthage Tim Koepka Memorial Tournament Friday and Saturday at and Randall Oaks Country Club in West Dundee, Illinois. CUW will also compete in the St. Norbert Invitational Sunday at Royal St. Patricks Golf Course in Wrightstown, Wisconsin.