JANESVILLE, Wis. – Sam Schlosser led all Concordia Wisconsin golfers with a tie for 29th place after carding back-to-back rounds in the 70s for a 156 total. Meanwhile, the Falcons tied for ninth as a team at the Culver's Edgewood Fall Classic at Glen Erin Golf Club.
Course: Glen Erin Golf Club (par 71, 6,849 yards)
Team Leaderboard: t9th of 15 (319-317)
Falcon Individuals: Sam Schlosser 155 (79-76), Bill Jones 158 (79-79), Jacob Tenlen 162 (81-81), Kyle Rebholz 166 (80-86), Nathan Hasenstein 168 (87-81), Jake Lipski 159 (75-84), Colin Raley 161 (80-81), Mike Loftus 165 (85-80), Harrison Dixon 167 (88-79), Jonathan Pfeilstifter 173 (86-87)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons sent a pair of squads to the tournament, with one team finishing in a tie for ninth and the other placing 12th. The 'A' team fired a 636 total (319-317) and team 'B' had a 650 (326-324).
- Freshman Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) was the top Falcon overall with a 155 total (79-76) and tied for 29th out of 91 individuals on the leaderboard.
- Senior Bill Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) carded back-to-back rounds in the 70s for the second time in his career and ended with a 158 total (79-79) to take 35th.
- Sophomore Jake Lipski (New Berlin, Wis.) shot a 75 during the opening round, which was the lowest round by a Falcon, and signed for a 159 total (74-84) to tie for 36th position.
- Senior Colin Raley (Inverness, Ill.) fired a 161 total (80-81) in his first competitive round as a Falcon. He is also a three-year member and starter on the Men's Lacrosse team.
- Sophomore Jacob Tenlen (Montreal, Wis.) had back-to-back 81s for a 162 total to tie for 48th.
- Senior Mike Loftus (Germantown, Wis.) signed for a 165 (85-80) to tie for 55th, while junior Kyle Rebholz (West Bend, Wis.) shot a 166 (80-86) to tie for 58th overall.
- Sophomore Harrison Dixon (West Bend, Wis.) ended with a 167 total (88-79) and improved nine shots from the opening round to Saturday's final 18 holes. His nine-stroke difference was the best on the team.
- Junior Nathan Hasenstein (Sheboygan, Wis.) took 168 stokes (87-81) and tied for 64th, while sophomore Jonathan Pfeilstifter (Oshkosh, Wis.) tied for 74th after shooting a 173 (86-87).
- CUW's 636 total was the eighth lowest 36-hole total in program history.
- Scholosser's 155 total was tied for the ninth lowest 36-hole by an individual in program history.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Elmhurst won the team trophy by two shots over Webster after shooting a 587 total (291-296).
- Zac Ciesia (Webster) won medalist honors with a 2-under-par 140 total (69-71). He was the only golfer to finish under par.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW returns to action on Tuesday at the Aurora Fall Invitational at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course in Bristol, Ill.