RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Dominican cut a 20-point deficit in the second to nothing and had the game tied 64-64 with three minutes to play, but ran out of momentum as Concordia Wisconsin hung on for a 75-68 victory during NACC play inside the Igini Sports Forum.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 75, Dominican 68
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-11, 10-8 NACC, Dominican 5-18, 3-15 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin led by double-figures for a good majority of the first half on Saturday afternoon and pushed its advantage to a game-high 20 points with 17:03 to play. It looked like the visitors would cost the rest of the way, but Dominican had other thoughts.
- The Stars slowly began to chip away at their deficit with a 37-17 scoring run over 14-minute span to get the game tied at 64-64 with three minutes to play. The hosts ran out of steam down the stretch, as the Falcons responded with an 11-4 scoring run to close the contest.
- Concordia Wisconsin did most of its damage in the paint, scoring 38 of its 75 points around the rim. They also scored 17 points off 13 Dominican turnovers.
- Freshman Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) had his second double-double of the season with a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds.
- Junior Noah Gosse (Green Bay, Wis.) scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds in 24 minutes off the bench, while junior Josh Hau (Slinger, Wis.) had 11 points, five rebounds and three assists.
- Junior Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) recorded eight points and seven assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin stayed in the hunt for one of the final three spots in the NACC Tournament. They have two games remaining in the regular season and currently sit in a tie for fifth.
- Tim Robertson scored a game-high 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. Domenic Aiello added 10 points off the bench for the Stars.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Rockford on Wednesday at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House. The Falcons will also honor their senior class for their hard work and dedication.