WAUKESHA, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Basketball team dropped an 83-74 non-conference matchup with Simpson Saturday afternoon in the Carroll Tip-Off Tournament Consolation game. Josh Hau paced the Falcons with 19 points, while Andrew Fratzke posted a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Final Score: Simpson 83, Concordia Wisconsin 74
- Location: Van Male Field House – Waukesha, Wisconsin
- Records: Simpson 2-1; Concordia Wisconsin 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons never led on Saturday as the Storm scored the first five points and held a lead throughout most of the first half. A 5-5 tie was the only tie between the Falcons and Simpson, who had a lead of as many as 16 points in the opening half. CUW closed the opening half strong, cutting that 16 point lead to eight before the break.
- In the second half, the Falcons deficit hovered around 8-12 points for most of the final 20 minutes. The Falcons never got within five points, allowing Simpson to pick up the non-league win.
- CUW outshot the Storm on Saturday but a minus 10 performance in the turnover battle proved to be costly. The Falcons were 25-of-56 (44.6 percent) from the floor but finished the contest with 20 turnovers, while Simpson was 24-of-58 (41.4 percent) from the field but turned the ball over just 10 times.
- The Falcons also had an advantage from 3-point range, connecting on 10-of-24 attempts (41.7 percent). Simpson made just 6-of-24 from deep.
- Hau (Slinger, Wis.) paced the offense with 19 points on 5-of-11 shooting. Jake Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) added 18 points and connected on 4-of-6 from 3-point range. Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) led all players with his 10 rebounds.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Fratzke now has 11 double-doubles in his career. The junior forward recorded two during his freshman season and tallied eight last year.
- CUW will host Loras in the 2017-18 home opener on Tuesday night. The game will be the second part of a women's/men's doubleheader and is set for an 8 p.m. start.
December 14, 2017 Strong second half gives Falcons road NACC win
December 9, 2017 Hau fuels Falcons past Dominican
December 6, 2017 Men's Basketball falls in NACC road action at Marian
December 2, 2017 Falcons fly past Eagles in convincing fashion
November 30, 2017 Courtside Notes: Falcons prepared to earn NACC victory
November 28, 2017 Men's Basketball can't contain Myers, Dunn in home loss
November 27, 2017 Courtside Notes: Battle of NACC's preseason's best
November 25, 2017 Men’s Basketball misses late 3-pointer, falls at Lakeland
November 21, 2017 Men’s Basketball on fire during home-opening win over Loras
November 18, 2017 Simpson downs Men's Basketball at Carroll Tip-Off Tournament
November 17, 2017 Men's Basketball falls to Carroll on last second three-pointer
November 15, 2017 Courtside Notes: Falcons vs. Duhawks in season opener
October 25, 2017 Men's Basketball picked to finish second in NACC Preseason Poll