HARRISONBURG, Va. – The Concordia University Wisconsin and Eastern Mennonite Field Hockey teams provided fans with plenty of excitement in a non-conference matchup Friday afternoon. The two teams combined for seven second-half goals with plenty of lead changes, resulting in an overtime session needed to determine a winner. Unfortunately for the Falcons, it was the host Royals who scored the game-winner for a 5-4 final.
- Final Score: Eastern Mennonite 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4
- Location: EMU Turf Field – Harrisonburg, Virginia.
- Records: CUW 4-8; Eastern Mennonite 4-10
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Royals scored the only goal in the first half as both offenses took a while to get going on Friday. After halftime, each team found its way, resulting in seven goals, four from the Falcons and three by sophomore Kelsey Fulton (Sussex, Wis.).
- Sam Dunn (Sussex, Wis.) had the first goal of the afternoon for the Falcons, coming 1:05 into the second half. The Royals responded in the 50th minute with an Emily Price score, putting the Falcons back in a 2-1 hole.
- CUW answered with two goals from Fulton just 4:03 apart from one another to make the score 3-2 in favor of the Falcons. Callie Neumann (Dousman, Wis.) assisted on each of Fulton's first two scores.
- Eastern Mennonite had the next response as Emily Augsburger scored her second goal of the game just two minutes later to tie the score at 3-3.
- Fulton was next to answer, scoring just under three minutes later to give the Falcons their second lead of the contest. Rachel Larson (Fenton, Mo.) picked up an assist on the hat trick score. The Royals had one more response in them in regulation, scoring with just under three minutes left off the stick of Madeline Mast.
- The overtime winner was scored 1:43 into the extra session. Lauren Hartzler provided the heroics for the host Royals.
- Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) made six saves for the Falcons, two in the first half, three in the second, and one in the overtime session. Kelsey Troyer got the win for Eastern Mennonite, tallying five saves.
- The Falcons will play their final regular season conference game on Sunday at Ferrum. CUW is set for an 11 a.m. eastern start.
December 5, 2017 O'Connor named to SAA 2017 Fall All-Sportsmanship Team
November 29, 2017 Dunn makes history with Field Hockey's first-ever All-Region nod
November 6, 2017 Neumann, Dunn, Fulton honored with SAA Field Hockey Awards
November 6, 2017 Boyer named to SAA All-Tournament Team
October 22, 2017 Neumann's goal gives Field Hockey another SAA win
October 20, 2017 Field Hockey falls in overtime at Eastern Mennonite
October 19, 2017 Field Hockey struggles in second half in setback at Roanoke
October 15, 2017 Field Hockey edges out Transylvania
October 14, 2017 Field Hockey blanked by Sewanee in SAA road tilt
October 1, 2017 Field Hockey falls in neutral site battle with Centre
September 30, 2017 Field Hockey comeback effort falls just short against Earlham
September 24, 2017 Field Hockey drops road contest at Rhodes
September 23, 2017 Field Hockey edged in SAA opener
September 19, 2017 Falcons, Centre hosted Field Hockey Clinic Saturday
September 16, 2017 Field Hockey suffers first setback of 2017 season
September 15, 2017 Center Pass: Field Hockey aims for third straight win
September 5, 2017 Fulton scores first SAA Field Hockey Weekly Award
September 3, 2017 Field Hockey improves to 2-0, shuts out Oberlin at home
September 1, 2017 Fulton's hat trick leads Field Hockey to season-opening win
August 31, 2017 Center Pass: Field Hockey opens with two at home this weekend
August 22, 2017 Camp Confidential: Field Hockey eager to start second season