GREENCASTLE, Ind. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey team suffered its fifth straight setback Sunday in a neutral-site Southern Athletic Association game against Centre. The Falcons, who were facing the Colonels for the second time in two weeks, fell by a 5-1 count Sunday.
- Final Score: Centre 5, Concordia Wisconsin 1
- Location: Reavis Stadium (DePauw) – Greencastle, Indiana
- Records: Centre 7-2, 2-0 SAA; Concordia Wisconsin 2-5, 0-3 SAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Centre built a 3-0 lead in the first half thanks to goals in the 9th, 12th, and 27th minutes. Hayley Barker scored the first two for the Colonels, her 10th and 11th of the season, while Sarah Biggs tallied the final first-half score, hers assisted by Barker.
- After a Centre score in the 45th minute made the score 4-0, the Falcons got on the board in the 55th minute. Sophomore Kelsey Fulton (Sussex, Wis.) netted her team-leading sixth score of the season.
- Centre controlled possession throughout, finishing with a 26-8 edge in shots. The Falcons performed better in the second half, recording seven of their eight shots after halftime. Sam Dunn (Sussex, Wis.) tallied a team-best three shots, including two on goal.
- Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) made 11 saves for the Falcons. Her counterpart, Kristen Mulcahy, recorded five saves for the Colonels.
- The Falcons will play next Saturday with a road game at Lindenwood Belleville. The Falcons, who defeated Lindenwood Belleville 5-0 in the season opener, and Lynx are set for a 6 p.m. start.