MEQUON, Wis. – The 2017 Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey season is set to begin this weekend and the Falcons will be playing at a place they didn't play at much in 2016: home. CUW, who played just one home game in 2016, will host a pair of games over Labor Day weekend to open its second season as a program.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (0-0); Lindenwood Belleville (0-0); Oberlin (0-0)
- Where: Tomasini Stadium (Mequon, Wis.)
- When: CUW vs. Lindenwood – Friday, Sept. 1 (5 p.m.); CUW vs. Oberlin – Sunday, Sept. 3 (11 a.m.)
* Note – Lindenwood will play Oberlin at Tomasini Stadium Saturday at 9 a.m.
- Live stats and video will be available for all field hockey games this weekend. Live video can be found at cuwfalcons.com/FAN2. Live stat links can be found at bitly.com/CUWFAN
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- A digital game program for this weekend's games can be found here. A limited number of programs will be available at each contest for $2. Fans can also access the digital game programs via their phone through a QR code, or by visiting cuwfalcons.com/programs.
THE CENTER PASS
- SEASON OPENER: The Falcons are set to begin their second season Friday evening against Lindenwood Belleville. Both programs are in their second season of play.
- PLAYING AT HOME: CUW opens with three games at home this season, after playing just once at Tomasini Stadium in 2016. The Falcons lone home contest last year was a 6-0 win over Lindenwood Belleville.
- WEEKEND SLATE: Oberlin will also visit Mequon this weekend as three games will take place from Friday through Sunday. Oberlin will face Lindenwood Saturday, while the Falcons and Yeowomen are set for a Sunday morning battle.
- FULTON LEADS WAY: Kelsey Fulton is the Falcons top-returning scorer (19 points in 2016). She scored five goals and added one assist in three combined games against Lindenwood and Oberlin last season.