MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin scored its lone touchdown in the opening quarter, but Hope was too much during a 70-6 decision in favor of the Flying Dutchmen on Saturday at Tomasini Stadium.
Final Score: Hope 70, Concordia Wisconsin 6
Location: Tomasini Stadium (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Hope 8-2, Concordia Wisconsin 2-8
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hope scored four-consecutive times to begin the non-conference game before Concordia Wisconsin's freshman quarterback Dalton Poole (Kewaskum, Wis.) connected with junior Josh Sanders (Phoenix, Ariz.) down the right sidelines for a 52-yard touchdown.
- The Flying Dutchmen ran all over the field, scoring six more touchdowns and piling on 564 rushing yards. The visitors also had 34 first downs, converted 6-of-9 third downs and ended with 752 total offensive yards.
- Poole had 209 yards on 17-of-30, while Sanders ended with 107 receiving yards.
- Senior Albert Goerlitz (Withee, Wis.) had a career game to conclude his career with 23 total tackles (12 solo), forced fumble, fumble recovery and a pass breakup. The defensive back was one tackle shy of tying the program's single record set in 1995 by Rich Haczynski against St. Nobert.
- Junior Jon Rauh (Slinger, Wis.) ended with 13 tackles (four solo) and a fumble recovery.
- Junior Jacob Mason (Slinger, Wis.) set the program's single-season record for punting yards with 2,284 yards. He punted eight times for 265 yards.
- Sophomore Isaiah Tenette (Sacramento, Calif.) set the program's single-season record for kick returns yards with 519.
- Brandan Campbell had 210 rushing yards on 19 carries (11.1 average) and found the end zone four times, while Chris Leigh tallied 197 rushing yards on 14 carries (14.1 average) and scored twice. Vinnie Pelione also had 66 rushing yards and a score.
- Mason Opple passed for 179 yards on 9-of-14 and had two touchdown passes. Christian Bos hauled in three passes for 130 yards and two touchdowns.
December 14, 2017 Football releases 2018 schedule
December 2, 2017 Football season awards given out
December 1, 2017 P.R.I.D.E award winners announced
November 27, 2017 All-NACC Football postseason awards announced
November 11, 2017 Hope runs past Falcons in season finale
November 10, 2017 Credentialed: Falcons honor seniors, host Hope to conclude season
November 4, 2017 Aurora runs past Football in Homecoming contest
November 3, 2017 Credentialed: CUW hosts Aurora in Homecoming/Military Day matchup
November 1, 2017 Rauh earns NACC Defensive Player of the Week accolades
October 28, 2017 Football soars past Rockford
October 21, 2017 Cougars run past Falcons in NACC contest
October 14, 2017 Warriors take Luther Cup in battle with Falcons
October 11, 2017 Game Day Credential: Luther Cup on the line for Falcons and Warriors
October 7, 2017 Football falls to Benedictine
September 30, 2017 Muskies take Cheese Bowl over Falcons
September 16, 2017 Football loses at Albion
September 12, 2017 Mason kicks way to NACC Special Teams Player of the Week
September 9, 2017 Augsburg takes control of second half against Falcons
September 8, 2017 Centered
September 7, 2017 Athletic Department donates to help American Red Cross hurricane victims
September 6, 2017 Tenette named NACC Special Teams Player of the Week
September 2, 2017 Falcons run past Lions in season-opener
August 22, 2017 Football picked to finish fifth in NACC Preseason Poll
August 18, 2017 Camp Confidential Notebook: Defense looking for playmakers