MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team is coming off an impressive 21-3 drubbing of No. 3 UW-Whitewater. The Falcons will look to carry that momentum over into Saturday's home doubleheader against reigning four-time NACC champion Concordia Chicago.
- Who: Concordia Wisconsin (12-7, 4-2 NACC) vs. Concordia Chicago (16-9, 8-0 NACC)
- When: Saturday, April 15, 2017 – 12 p.m. (DH)
- Where: Kapco Park
- Every home baseball game will feature live stats and video. Live links can be found on the Baseball schedule at CUWFalcons.com.
DIGITAL GAME PROGRAM
- A digital game program can be found here. Limited printed programs (one-page front-and-back) will be available at the park for $2. In addition, fans can download the digital game program at cuwfalcons.com/programs.
AROUND THE BASES
1) The Falcons win over No. 3 UW-Whitewater Tuesday opened plenty of eyes. CUW recorded 20 hits, with seven players collecting two or more. The 21 runs were also tied for the second most in a game, in contests dating back to the 2007 season.
2) Bryan Thomas has done an outstanding job at the plate this season. Thomas ranks second in the NACC with a .438 batting average. Thomas has 21 RBIs this year, which is tied for sixth-most in the NACC. He had seven of those RBIs in a doubleheader sweep over Dominican last Saturday.
3) Strong pitching can take a team a long way and Saturday's doubleheader features the two best staffs in the NACC at this point in the season. Concordia Chicago ranks first with a 3.76 ERA while the Falcons have posted a 3.86 ERA.
4) CUW has played well at home this season. In seven contests at Kapco Park, the Falcons have recorded a 5-2 record. They have won three straight at home, a victory over UW-Oshkosh and a sweep of Dominican.