MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Acrobatics and Tumbling team ended a difficult ten-day, four-meet stretch with a home contest against Azusa Pacific Monday night. The Falcons, who showed consistency throughout the four contests with their overall score, fell to the Cougars, 263.925-230.620.
- Final Score: Azusa Pacific 263.925, Concordia Wisconsin 230.620
- Location: R. John Buuck Field House – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Azusa Pacific 2-0; Concordia Wisconsin 0-4
HEAD COACH SARAH KOENIG POSTGAME
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons best event of the day was Event 3, the Pyramid. CUW scored 28.35 points over three heats out of a possible 29.90 in the third event. The Falcons were at their best in Heat 3 (Open), scoring 9.55 points out of a possible 10.
- CUW trailed 93.90-86.85 after three events and posted some solid results in the first two events of the night, Compulsory and Acro. The Falcons opened the night with a 32.15 in the Compulsory before scoring 26.35 points in the Acro event. Azusa Pacific tallied 36.30 points in the Compulsory and followed that up with a 28.35 in the Acro.
- The Falcons accumulated 24.85 points over three heats of the Toss event in the first go-round after the break. CUW scored 8.55 in Heat 3. The Cougars would score 26.90 points over the three heats of event four.
- CUW went on to put up 44.500 points over six heats of the Tumbling portion of the program compared to 53.525 for the Cougars. The Falcons had three players with individual routines in the tumbling heat: Erika Edlund (Aerial Pass), Alana Polsfuss (6 Element Pass), and Karen Avery (Open Pass).
- The night closed with the team event where CUW posted a score of 74.42, a slight improvement over Saturday's meet against Baylor. The Cougars recorded an 89.60 in the team event.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons faced arguably the top three teams in the country over the past three home meets in Baylor, Oregon, and Azusa Pacific. The three teams were picked one through three in the NCATA Preseason Poll.
- CUW will have some time to regroup before competing against Georgetown College. The Falcons meet against Georgetown College is set for Monday, March 5 at 6 p.m.
March 14, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling continues to improve
March 10, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling has season-best performance
February 12, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling concludes busy stretch against Azusa Pacific
February 10, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling competes against defending champion Baylor
February 8, 2018 Preview: Acrobatics and Tumbling hosts defending champion Bears
February 5, 2018 Acrobatics and Tumbling competes against Oregon
February 3, 2018 Acrobatics & Tumbling competes in season opener
February 2, 2018 NCATA releases Preseason Coaches Poll