HAMDEN, Conn. – Quinnipiac was too much for Concordia Wisconsin on Sunday afternoon during the season finale, as the Bobcats earned a 281.750 – 250.070 victory on Burt Kahn Court.
Final Score: Quinnipiac 281.750, Concordia Wisconsin 250.070
Location: Burt Kahn Court (Hamden, Conn.)
Records: Quinnipiac 6-2, Concordia Wisconsin 2-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons fell behind early against the Bobcats, as the hosts scored 3.95 more points in the Compulsory Event and 2.90 more points in the Acro Event. CUW stayed with Quinnipiac in the Pyramid Event and scored over 9.70 in all three heats.
- However, at the intermission the Bobcats led 98.15 to 90.60. The Bobcats scored four perfect 10.0 scores prior to halftime.
- Quinnipiac continued to slowly pull away during the second half of the meet and outscored CUW by 11.98 points in the Team Event.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Despite the loss, the Falcons set a new program high in the Pyramid Event, scoring 29.25 points.
- As well, they had season bests in the pyramid heat of the Compulsory Event (9.75), heat 1 of the Pyramid Event (9.85) and open heat of the Tumbling Event (9.000). CUW also tied a season-high with a 9.80 in the toss heat of the Compulsory Event.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons will find out on April 7 if the six student-athletes from heat 3 of the Pyramid Event qualified for the NCATA Championship.