MEQUON, Wis. – King pulls away from Concordia Wisconsin in second half of dual meet for a 257.080 – 239.970 victory on Wednesday night. The Falcons honored their two seniors (Treasure Fields and Alexandria VanErden) prior to the meet's start inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
Final Score: King 259.080, Concordia Wisconsin 237.970
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: King 3-2, Concordia Wisconsin 1-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Prior to the meet the Falcons honored their two seniors (Treasure Fields and Alexandria VanErden) for their dedication and commitment to the program over the last two years.
- The Falcons and Tornado went back and forth during the Compulsory Event, but it was King who pulled away during the next five Events.
- King scored 9.55 or better in the three heats of the Acro Event, while CUW had a 9.55 in the 6-element heat. During the Pyramid Event the scoring was again close, as the Tornado posted a 29.45 compared to the Falcons 29.20. However, at the intermission King held a 93.35 – 90.80 lead.
- The Tornado began to pull away in the in the Toss Event, compiling scores between 9.15 and 9.55 in the three heats. Meanwhile, the Falcons had a 9.15 score in the open heat of the Toss Event.
- CUW struggled in the Tumbling Event, which resulted in a 44.20 total score. The Falcons posted two scores of 8.80 (aerial pass) and 8.825 (open pass) in the event. King accumulated a 49.00 Tumbling Event score to pull away even further.
- The Tornado had an 86.58 in the Team Routine, while the Falcons scored a 78.07.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons return to the road for a dual meet at Adrian on Sunday, March 20.
June 15, 2016 Koenig promoted to Acrobatics & Tumbling head coach
June 14, 2016 Wilcox steps down as Acrobatics & Tumbling head coach
April 3, 2016 Falcons struggle in season finale at Quinnipiac
March 20, 2016 Falcons set three records in dual meet win at Adrian
March 9, 2016 Falcons lose home meet to King on Senior Night
February 29, 2016 Acrobatics & Tumbling earns first win of the season
February 20, 2016 Acrobatics & Tumbling continues to improve, loses to Gannon
February 7, 2016 Falcons perform well in season-opening loss to Oregon
February 4, 2016 Season Preview Q&A: Wilcox talks Acrobatics & Tumbling
September 22, 2015 Acrobatics & Tumbling to host open tryout Friday, September 25
August 3, 2015 Ribble steps down, Wilcox to take over A&T program