PEORIA, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin D2 ACHA Men's Hockey team fell in two games at Bradley over the weekend. The Falcons dropped a 4-3 Friday night affair, before being defeated 6-2 on Saturday.
- Final Scores: Bradley 4, Concordia Wisconsin 3; Bradley 6, Concordia Wisconsin 2
- Location: Owens Center Ice Arena – Peoria, Illinois
- Records: CUW 1-5 (1-3 ACHA D2); Bradley 4-5-2
BRADLEY 4, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 3
- The Falcons built a 2-1 lead in the first period, thanks to goals by Andrej Buchko and Cole Anderson. The duo, along with Anthony Pickering, continues to produce as the Falcons top line this season.
- Bradley rallied back from the opening period deficit with two goals to start the second stanza. The Falcons would tie the contest at 3-3 later in the second on Buchko's second goal of the evening. Jonathon Grodzki and Dillon Schwartzenberger assisted on the play. Grodzki had two assists in the game, as did Pickering.
- The game-winning score came 11:33 into the final stanza from Kyle Tintera of the Braves. Tintera finished the game with two points, scoring the game-winner and adding an assist in the second period.
- Robert Houle made 28 saves for the Falcons. His counterpart, Jesse Nusbaum, stopped 18 shots for Bradley.
BRADLEY 6, CONCORDIA WISCONSIN 2
- The Falcons came out with the first goal in the Saturday game as Grodzki scored with Schwartzenberger and Paul Fisher gaining assists. The Braves answered with a score with 1:01 left in the opening period and added the only two goals in the second to take a 3-1 lead. Tintera scored two of the first three goals for Bradley.
- Pickering cut the Bradley lead to one 5:21 into the third period, but the Braves finished the game with three more unanswered. Will Rathje tallied two of the final three Braves goals, while Brennen Peters capped off the scoring.
- Houle faced a lot of shots on Saturday, 44 total, and finished with 38 saves. Logan Osborne was between the pipes for Bradley, finishing with 22 saves.
- The Falcons will continue their current 10-game road swing with two games at Illinois State, November 3-4. The opener is set for Friday, November 3 at 9:10 p.m.
January 12, 2018 Aurora pulls away from ACHA Hockey in third period
January 11, 2018 ACHA Hockey returns with Friday home game against Aurora
December 12, 2017 ACHA locker room updates
December 9, 2017 ACHA Men's Hockey sweeps UW-Superior
December 8, 2017 ACHA Hockey routs UW-Superior
November 19, 2017 ACHA Hockey swept at St. Mary's
November 15, 2017 ACHA Hockey to join the NCHL in 2018-19
November 11, 2017 Pickering's monster game leads ACHA to split at Dakota College
November 4, 2017 ACHA Hockey swept at Illinois State
October 20, 2017 ACHA Hockey drops two at Bradley
October 7, 2017 ACHA Hockey drops second straight against MSOE Club
October 6, 2017 ACHA Hockey to host MSOE in home-opening series this weekend
October 6, 2017 ACHA Hockey falls in overtime against MSOE
September 30, 2017 ACHA Hockey scores three times in final 12 minutes for program's first win
September 29, 2017 ACHA Men's Hockey falls in opener at Illinois
September 18, 2017 ACHA team hosts junior program in exhibition games
February 27, 2017 Concordia Wisconsin adds ACHA Division II Men's Hockey