MEQUON, Wis. – There will be six Concordia University Wisconsin athletic teams competing on Friday and Saturday, all on the road, as the fall season continues to roll along. Women's Tennis and Volleyball will be in action both days, while football, women's golf and men's and women's soccer will compete on Saturday. Below is a statistic from each team to prepare you for the weekend ahead.
1) 7 – Men's Soccer opens up conference play this weekend against seven-time Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference champion Dominican University. The Falcons and Stars met twice last year, with DU taking each match by a score of 2-1. The latter of the two matches was in the NACC Championship. Live stats and video for Saturday's match can be found here.
2) 8.3 – The Volleyball team snapped their eight-game skid by sweeping MSOE in NACC action Wednesday night. They won the three sets by an average of 8.3 points, including taking the second set, 25-13. CUW will look to carry that momentum over to the Ripon College Red Hawk Invitational this weekend as they will play four matches in two days. CUW has a rematch against St. Norbert College Friday after losing to the Green Knights last weekend. The Falcons will also take on St. Mary's University, Lakeland College and Ripon College.
3) 21 – Women's Tennis will be competing at the USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championships, hosted by Gustavus Adolphus, College this weekend. There will be 21 teams competing this weekend and the tournament features the top singles and doubles teams in the Midwest. The event will be held at the Swanson Indoor Tennis Center.
4) 21.4 – The CUW women's golf team ran away with the conference title last season, winning the three-round event by 104 strokes. The Falcons look to be the top team in the conference this season again as they are averaging a 376.6 through 3.5 rounds this season. The next closest in the conference is Aurora University, who is averaging 21.4 strokes more than CUW at 398. The women's golf team will play in the Marian Invitational Saturday at Whispering Springs Golf Course in Fond du Lac, Wis.
5) 39 – Women's Soccer begins its NACC schedule Saturday as they visit Dominican in a doubleheader with the men's team. CUW has dominated conference openers over the past four seasons as they are 4-0 and have outscored their opponents 39-0. Last season the Falcons defeated Rockford College 11-0 in their conference opener. Live stats and video for Saturday's match can be found here.
6) 140 – Football will match up against Trine University on Saturday in the MIAA-NACC challenge. These two met last season as CUW won 13-10. A big reason for the non-conference win was the Falcon defense that allowed 140 yards of total offense. CUW limited Trine to 26 yards on the ground and 114 through the air. Both numbers were well below Trine's averages of 133.9 rushing yards and 175.8 passing yards per game in 2012. Live coverage for the football game can be found here.