Six stats to know for the weekend ahead in Falcon athletics
Click here for live coverage of the Falcon home events (Football, Women's Soccer Saturday).
Click here for live stats of the Volleyball matches Friday.
Click here for live stats of the Men's Soccer match Saturday.
Click here for live stats of the Women's Soccer match Sunday.
MEQUON, Wis. – Six Concordia University Wisconsin teams will be competing this weekend, including the football and women's soccer teams who will be playing home contests. Below are six interesting statistics from each of the team's competing this weekend.
1) 17.5 - Volleyball had 17.5 blocks in two matches last weekend as they captured the CIT title. CUW will need to be strong on the defensive end again Friday as they take on North Central College and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. UWW enters this weekend's matches with a .214 attack percentage, making their offense and the Falcons defense a battle of strengths. For more on the volleyball team's matches this weekend, click here.
2) 4,428 -Football amassed 4,428 total yards last season, which was the most since it joined the NACC prior to the 2006 season. The Falcons opponent Saturday, Augsburg College, totaled 4,712 yards in 2012. Both teams return plenty of talent on the offensive side this season, including star quarterbacks Austin Damaschke (Bristol, Wis.) and Ayrton Scott. To read more on the Damaschke-Scott breakdown, click here. To read more on the Falcons game Saturday, click here.
3) 101:25 – Last season when Men's Soccer got together with Beloit College, it took 101:25 to settle things as the Buccaneers scored in the second overtime to escape with a 2-1 victory. The Falcons still hold the edge in their series with Beloit, owning a 4-2-1 record in matches played since 2003. Click here for a preview on the Falcons next two matches.
4) 20 – Expect no shortage of offense on Saturday when Women's Soccer hosts Lake Forest College in a non-conference match. The last four times these two teams got together the two have combined for 20 goals. CUW is 3-1-0 in those four meetings and has averaged four goals per contest in the three wins. The Falcons will also visit Carthage College on Sunday. Click here to preview both of the Falcons matches this weekend.
5) 11 – Women's Tennis has dominated its two opponents scheduled for Saturday, Concordia University Chicago and Dominican University, since joining the NACC prior to the 2006 season. The Falcons have won all 15 duals and have lost just 11 of 131 matches in that time. CUW has swept Dominican four times since 2006 and CUC five times.
6) 72 – Sophomore Bill Jones (New Holstein, Wis.) fired a 72 in the second round of the Culver's Edgewood Fall Classic last weekend as he looks to carry that score to this weekend's Midwest Region Classic. The meet is scheduled to be played Sunday and Monday at Trappers Turn Golf Course in Wisconsin Dells, Wis.